Gas prices fluctuate over time, and throughout the counties in the area we are seeing various ranging prices. For the better of everyone, here are five tips to improve your fuel economy and save money at the pump!
- Check Tire Pressure: Keep tires properly inflated and improve gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent.
- Use the Right Motor Oil: Improve gas mileage by 1 to 2 percent by using the grade of motor oil recommended by the manufacturer.
- Replace Clogged Air Filters: Replacing clogged air filters on older vehicles can improve fuel economy and will improve performance and acceleration on all vehicles.
- Check Engine Performance: Keep your engine running efficiently and improve gas mileage by an average of 4 percent.
- Fix It: Addressing a serious maintenance problem, like a faulty oxygen sensor, can improve mileage by as much as 40 percent.
Save Gas Beyond the Pump
Proactive vehicle maintenance is a motorist’s best money-saving tip. Routine auto care not only helps save on fuel costs, but it helps identify small issues so they can be serviced before they become bigger and more costly to repair.