We stress the importance of preventative vehicle maintenance and provide free tools, tips and information to help motorists become more car care aware so they can avoid the hassle and expense associated with unexpected car trouble. By implementing a proactive auto care plan, car owners can identify and fix small issues now before they become more costly repairs later.
Inspections check a variety of vehicle components including wipers, belts, hoses, air filters, lighting, tires and lubricant/fluids. The top areas showing the highest failure rates include:
• Engine Oil – 22 percent of vehicles tested had low, overfull or dirty oil.
• Belts/Hoses – inspections revealed 18 percent of belts were unsatisfactory and at least 12 percent of vehicles needed a new hose.
• Air Filters – nearly one out of every five vehicles inspected needed a new air filter.
• Check Engine Light – 14 percent of vehicles had an illuminated check engine light, slightly higher than the previous year’s results.
• Batteries – battery cables, clamps and terminals were found to be in need of repair on 18 percent of vehicles inspected.